Anonymous said: What do I, as a guy, get out of supporting feminism?
From one guy to another:
- That cute women you want to chat up won’t have to think of you as Schrodinger’s Rapist
- Men who are victims of sexual assault and rape won’t need to hide it and let it go unreported lest they be thought of as girly (“girly” will no longer be an insult toward to men)
- Men won’t have to wonder if they’re rapists or not because they will have an intimate understanding of what consent is and how it works
- Men will not have to wonder if they got a job/raise/bonus/etc because they’re actually the best candidate or did a really good job, as vs. because of male privilege
- Men will have a much greater ability to be stay-at-home fathers because their wives can match their earning potential, and the stigma on doing so will be greatly reduced
- In fact, all of the things we now consider feminine will be available to men who want to engage in them, without any stigma attached
- Men will have a better chance of obtaining partial or full child custody because it won’t be assumed that women are inherently maternal
This is just what I thought of off the top of my head. Followers, what else would you add?